Case study 1
Painting and decorating
Industrial rope access vs. scaffolding
Debenham's, Oxford Street, London, UK
The brief was as follows:
- Full preparation of all painted areas
- Repairs to masonry and render where necessary
- Application of an undercoat and topcoat to client's specification
- Inspection and repair to all brickwork, guttering and slates
- Preparation, primer and top coat to all metal surfaces (railings, etc.)
- Works to be completed at night - shop open during the day
Options: Scaffolding or Rope Access
This is a saving of 16% in time, plus all the usual advantages of industrial rope access.
The works progressed as planned, a number of additional problems discovered and remedied without extra charge. The store functioned completely normally throughout the works with zero downtime.